Wednesday 18 March 2009

Natasha Richardson Passes Away in Absurd Accident

I have just heard that actress Natasha Richardson, 45, the daughter of Vanessa Redgrave and wife of Liam Neeson, has passed away. God rest her in peace.

This has really saddened me. I mean, how absurd. She went to a ski lesson on a beginner ski slope, and died. There was no major fall, she just fell and hit her head; then got up and started laughing. I'm not privy on the details, but it is fairly obvious that it didn't seem like a big deal. I mean, falling down when skiing or doing some other sport happens all the time, even hurting one's head. My mother had a similar incident on a ski slope about twenty years ago; she fell down and hit her head. But nothing happened; she too laughed, we laughed and went home to the hotel.

Freak accidents are a really awful way to go. Sure, they probably happen more often than we think: but only when they happen to celebrities we realize how weird life really is sometimes. I remember when I was small I was really impressed by an article I saw in a newspaper about a man that was walking home from work, stepped into a pond and got electrocuted because there had been a storm and the electricity line had fallen right into that pond.

What can I say? Life is short, and sometimes very twisted, just as it is beautiful and brilliant. You have to live it to know it.

PS. Now I hear on BBC News that she did not even hit her head. This makes it even more absurd, if at all possible.

1 comment:

  1. I think it wasn't that she hit her head but that her head was shaken in the fall. Somehow, her brain was bleeding inside her skull and they couldn't do anything about it until after it was too late. I've been thinking about her too. Mostly those two boys who are not kids but still too young to have lost their Mother.

    ReplyDelete